The new way to avoid checking your emails every ten minutes...

Welcome to my blog! On it I'm going to post all the things we cover in class (handouts, youtube vids, useful stuff in the library, revision notes....) so it'll be in one easy to find spot. If you want to ask me anything direct (and that incluldes you, parents) then don't bother emailing me at my gmail address, but do drop me a line at my school address.
Cheers!


Wednesday 16 November 2011

Daily Mail solid gold

Kids - don't waste your time on the YouFace or MyTube - simply type in 'Patois' into the Daily Mail site for, literally, minutes of non stop lulz. Here is a great example about the rise of LME, which certainly deserves your attention. I want you to try and spot the Daily Mail's attitude to the rise of LME, as opposed to the explantion given by the linguist half way down.

2 comments:

  1. Argh! It's a disgrace what these horrible trolls manage to get away with. It's the heady mix of race, social change and language "errors" that seems to combine here to bring out the nazi goons on the Mail's comments.

    The Telegraph is often even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My year 12s are quite new to the horrors of the Daily Mail - I'm pleased they'll see that it isn't just me who is regularly aghast at their 'reporting'. I also agree about the Telegraph, although that gets a bit of leeway in my house, because the sports writing is normally tip top...

    ReplyDelete